Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Rainy hills

Today, no lifting as my chest & upper back are very sore from the 2 previous days of work. I headed out for a hill workout. I chose a hill that was .20 miles long with a slightly steeper incline at the beginning. After a 1.5 mile warmup, it was time to get to work. I ran the repeats 10 times up with recovery jogging back down the hill. It was brutal, but my pace was even throughout which was my goal. The last 2-3 really did hurt and made my quads burn alot. I then ran the reverse of my warmup for a 1.5 mile cooldown. I feel running hills makes me a much stronger runner more so that speed work. However, logic says my leg turnover will suffer without enough speed work.
In the coming weeks I need to get a few speed sessions in the remind myself of my 5k & 10k race pace. No time for rest with a 5:30am run in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment