Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wednesday evening tempo

Today, was a non-lifting day with a planned tempo run in the evening through Mastersonstation Park. I ran with a friend of mine who to my dismay was on 2 days of rest so he had some very fresh legs. This route has a portion in the middle of about 2.5 miles worth of steady climbing with a few plateaus. Anyway, this was a solid tempo run as we finished the 7 mile loop in 46 minutes. That's roughly a 635ish pace which is a very quick tempo. I was struggling at the end with some tired legs from my hilly 7 miler the day before. Not that I'm making excuses, but my legs were heavy.

The weather was beautiful with temps in the mid to low 60s which is perfect running weather. I'm dreading the cold weather just around the corner.

5:30am group run in the morning. Doubt I'll be running too fast with this effort tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment