Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Finally.... almost normal legs

So I woke up for the usual 5:30am group run, this morning. We started out at a typical warmup pace of around 7:30 mins per for the first mile. Then, the fun began. I'm guessing we averaged around a 6:20 min pace for the next 6 miles because we finished the 7 miles in 46:30 this morning, and I was able to keep pace through the entire run. In the past 2 weeks, I had to slow down at around the 4-5 mile mark due to leg fatigue and the throbbing pain from the crater on my left foot. However, this morning everything seemed to be clicking. I maintained my pace through the entire run, didn't feel too bad considering my previous 10k PR is only at 40 mins although I was fighting IT band syndrome when I PRed. Anyway, it makes me curious how much faster I am these days, but I'm going to worry about fitness more than race times until next spring. I ran a 1 mile cooldown for a total of 8 miles this morning.

All I can say is its amazing how long it takes to recover from races. Pretty much 1 day per 1 mile ran at race pace.

I hit the gym for some back work to balance out the chest work from yesterday.

Back

Inverted rows - 4x15
Barbell bent over rows - 4x12
Wide Grip pullups - 4x12
High Rows - 4x12
Dumbbell rows - 4x24
Close Grip pullups - 4x12

Abs

Weighed Kneeups - 4x15
Side Plank on a medicine ball - 4x75 secs

No comments:

Post a Comment