Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hills, hills, hills

Today, I headed out to run hill repeats after work today. No lifting today as my upper body is very sore from the previous 2 days. It has been awhile since I have done these. I began with a 1.5 mile warmup to loosen the legs up. Unfortunately, it started pouring rain right at the end of the warmup. The hill I chose has a steep profile at the beginning with a leveling at the end. Its right at 0.2 miles long. I ran 10 repeats with recovery jogging back down the hill for a total distance of 4 miles of hill work. I was struggling in the last 3 repeats which just proves I need to do these more often. My running partner kicked my rear doing these. He's alot stronger than I although over longer distances I fair better it seems. We proceeded with a cool down of around 1.5 miles for total of 7 miles today.

Quick turn around with a 5:30am run in the morning with the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment