Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

This morning I joined the group for a 5:30am run. With there being a local "Turkey Trot" at 9am some of the group opted to wait for the race, but those of us who are training for Hangover came out this morning. I knew from the beginning this was going to be a fast paced run. We dropped runners right out of the gate with our last runner being dropped at the 2.5 mile mark. I managed to hangon about 10 ft back of the front 2 in the group today. Our 3rd mile was in the 6:15 min per mile area. The overall time for the 6.3 mile run was 40:37 which is a sub-6:30 paced run for the record. Pretty crazy given I just did squats & lunges last night. I did struggle more than the front 2 did, but hey, I didn't get dropped so I was happy. We then did a 1.5 mile cooldown to shake the kinks out of our legs.

No better way to start the day with a great run. Big bowl of oatmeal for breakfast and on to eating some turkey & veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment