Saturday, October 24, 2009

13 miler.....

This morning I planned on running with whoever showed up at Magee's this morning. However, much to my dismay no one showed this morning. So I thought I would just run by myself for the 13. The normal course is 12 so I had to add on. I started out fast. My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest. So at about mile 4 I had to backoff my pace. I'm guessing I was in the 6:30 min per mile range. Miles 4-8 were slower as I recovered from my too fast of a start. My legs were still sore form lifting as well which didn't help the cause. Miles 8-12 were a faster pace at around a 6:45 pace for a strong finish before the final mile cooldown. I finished the 13 in around 1 hr 31 mins. Hopefully, this means my half-marathon pace is now below 1:30 given this was on a non-rested & non-tapered set of legs. Needless to say I'm tired and planning on relaxing for the majority of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment