Thursday, October 29, 2009

Still dead legs.....

This morning I headed out for the typical 5:30am group run. Just like Tuesday I started out with a pace somewhere in the 630s, but I was unable to maintain this for the entire 6.3 mile route. About mile 4 I just had to slow down. Pretty pathetic I know. My quads were burning and my breathing was erratic. I ended up averaging around a 655 pace in the end. Hey, at least it was sub-7.

It hit the gym in the evening for some leg lifting. Some might say working my legs out with my current "heavy" legs is counter productive. However, I believe lifting is a great injury prevention tool along with proper rest & stretching.

Legs

Barbell Squats - 6x12
Barbell lunges - 4x12
Crossover stepups - 4x24
Fire Hydrants - 4x24
Hip Adductors - 4x12

Abs

Planks - 4x75secs

No comments:

Post a Comment