Tuesday, October 6, 2009

7 miles of tempo

This morning I ran the 7 mile route with the group. Today, was a tempo day to prepare for the Bourbon Chase. I was figuring that I would be running tempo pace during the relay legs since race pace would be too fast to sustain over 3 legs and 20 miles. I felt pretty good, but the first 3-4 miles were way too fast in the 6:20 range. Then, I slowed down and ended up with an average pace of around 6:40 min per mile which overall felt good for the entire run. In my mind this was to be a good target pace for my relay legs.

I hit the gym in the evening for back day.

Back
Inverted high rows - 4x15
Wide Grip pullups - 4x12
Low close grip rows - 4x12
Superset - Close Grip pulldowns - 4x12, Wide Grip pulldowns - 4x12
T-Grips - 4x12
Close Grip pullups - 4x12

Abs
Side plank on stability ball - 4x75

No comments:

Post a Comment