Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sore, tired, legs......

Ok, I have no idea why I'm feeling so tired. Granted I did leg day last night, but normally, its 2 days later that I'm very sore. Anyway, I joined the group for the normal 6.3 course this morning. I went out ok for the first 4 miles I was maintaining a 6:45 min pace. I was working harder than normal, but able to maintain the effort. Then, I had to slow down to around a 7:10 pace as I was hurting a little bit. Pretty much I'm a no pain, no gain kind of guy, but I've been trying to listen to my body a bit more to avoid dumb overuse injuries. I must say though of my training runs this is the first one in awhile that I have had to go above a 7min pace. I averaged just under 7 mins though. Then, I did a 1.8 mile cooldown which felt great on my legs.

I hit the gym tonight for arm day.

Arms

Weighted Dips - 4x15
Weighted Chinups - 4x12
Tricep overhead press - 4x12
Wall curls - 4x12
Superset - Tricep extensions - 4x12, Close handed press - 4x12, Bicep Hammer Curls - 4x12
Tricep Pushups - 4x15
Cable preacher's curls - 4x12

Abs

Superset - Hanging Leg Raises - 4x15, Hanging kneeups - 4x12
Side Plank on stability ball - 4x60secs

No comments:

Post a Comment